All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active membership or participation in a Christian church; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Anabaptist Service Opportunities Expectations: Living expenses (food, lodging, in-country transportation, etc.) are provided by MCC. The short term volunteer(s) would cover travel expenses to and from assignment, carry their own health insurance and provide a monthly contribution ($500 suggested donation). Applicants for this position must be legally eligible to be employed in the U.S. (Preference is for candidates age 55 and up.*)
* This position is also open to candidates seeking an internship or sabbatical opportunity who are under 55 years of age and legally eligible to be employed in the U.S.
1. Bachelor's degree in English, preferably in teaching English as a second language, required. A Master's degree in English or related field, preferred.
2. Five years teaching experience at the college level preferred.
3. Need to be willing to work with a charismatic church in a conservative, male oriented culture.
4. Recommendation from church and other related institution regarding candidate's faith and church involvement.
5. Willingness to teach in other subjects outside of English, possibly evening extension classes
6. Need to be innovative and able to teach without the resources found in a Western educational milieu
7. Invitations to serve with MCC are contingent on the successful outcome of criminal background check(s).