All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active membership or participation in a Christian church; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Anabaptist Service Opportunities Expectations: Living expenses (food, lodging, in-country transportation, etc.) are provided by MCC. The short term volunteer(s) would cover travel expenses to and from assignment, carry their own health insurance and provide a monthly contribution ($500 suggested donation). Applicants for this position must be legally eligible to be employed in the U.S. (Preference is for candidates age 55 and up.)
- A current Medical license in home country/state, with work experience.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, be outgoing and to be a self-starter, but also to work as part of a team.
- Strong human relations skills, with the ability to listen/facilitate group process.
- Willingness to learn patient care and medical management.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment; creativity in problem-solving a plus.
- Willingness to walk alongside people, with a non-discriminatory attitude toward race, gender, social status, religion, etc.
- Invitations to serve with MCC are contingent on the successful outcome of criminal background check(s)