All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active membership or participation in a Christian church; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- A desire to learn and understand poverty issues in Appalachia
- A willingness to facilitate or assist in evening sessions
- A willingness to work with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds as well as other staff
- A willingness to learn about construction tools and materials along with organization of tool and material inventories
- An ability or willingness to learn how to perform basic home repairs and improvements safely and help unskilled volunteers learn, too
- Ability or willingness to lead or give directions on the job site as directed by the location coordinators
- Patience and stamina required
- Driver's license preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.