|ASO/EMM: English Teacher - Honduras|
|Tegucigalpa, situated in a valley surrounded by mountains, is the capital city of Honduras and located in the southern-central highland region. It is Honduras' largest and most populous city, as well as the nation's political and administrative center.
San Pedro Sula is the second largest city and the nation's primary industrial center.
The volunteer English teacher would work at Academia Los Pinares, a Christian bi-lingual school located just outside Tegucigalpa (approximately 10 miles/30 minute drive from Tegucigalpa). Read more about Academia Los Pinares at: http://www.pinares.org/
|Aug 10, 2020|
|11 months, with the option to continue up to 2 years|
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level or a minimum of 12 credit hours in education.
- Some Spanish language skills preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work in a Christ-centered, bilingual, nonprofit elementary and secondary educational setting.
|Academia Los Pinares, a Christian bi-lingual school just outside Tegucigalpa, Honduras, has an urgent need for teachers for the August 2019-June 2020 school year. Recent college graduates are welcome! We also extend a special invitation to older, possibly semi-retired, applicants who can help mentor the many younger teachers just starting their teaching career. Come spend a year or two overseas, teaching in a Christian environment, sharing the love of Jesus, in English, with the Honduran leaders of tomorrow!|
|1) Teach English and/or facilitate conversational English groups, in either an elementary or secondary setting
2) Mentor, and be mentored by, other teachers
3) Interact with students/school community outside of class, as time and interest allows
4) Build relationships