|Medical, dental & vision, 3 weeks vacation per year, life insurance provided, resettlement allowance|
|The city of Lancaster, PA is home to a population of 59,600 people. As of 2017, 11.3% of Lancaster city, PA residents were born outside of the country. Akron, PA. Akron PA (pop 3,500) is a small town in Lancaster County, Pa., about 10 miles from Lancaster city.
Lancaster County is home to large Mennonite, Amish and Brethren in Christ communities characterized by theological as well as racial/ethnic and cultural diversity in addition to many other church traditions. Millersville University, Franklin and and Marshall College, and Elizabethtown College (founded by Church of the Brethren) are located in Lancaster County. There are a number of smaller private, Bible and community colleges.
Approximately 70 MCC U.S. staff work in Akron. The Akron office is an open office environment.
Akron Connections Service Unit: The Receptionist will be a part of Akron Connection Service Program, which is a service unit connected to MCC’s offices in Akron & Ephrata Pa. In recent years the unit has typically consisted of 6-10 adults, ages 20-70. Several unit members travel extensively with the MCC Canner. Single unit members live in group housing with a shared food and household allowance and shared household responsibilities. Couples have typically had their own apartment. Service workers are expected to be engaged in household life and to participate in unit activities such as group meals, monthly outings, two annual retreats, Bible studies and impromptu gatherings.
|Oct 21, 2019|
|Nov 25, 2019|
All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
- Good communications skills in English; Spanish skills is a plus
- Pleasant telephone personality
- Enjoys meeting people
- Organizational Skills
- Some experience working with Microsoft office, especially Word and Excel; experience with Publisher a plus
- Good keyboarding skills
- Basic record-keeping and clerical skills using Excel spreadsheets
- Basic accounting skills
- Previous experience as receptionist an asset
- Some driving experience is a plus
|The Receptionist is the first contact people have, either on the phone or in person, when they call or visit MCC. By directing calls and helping visitors, the receptionist provides an important link for those contacting MCC U.S., and becomes knowledgeable about MCC's programs and goals. This position coordinates airport pick-ups for staff and for visitors to the office. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with 1 hour off at lunch, a 30-minute break in the morning and a 15-minute break in the afternoon.
This position is a service worker (volunteer) position, and the worker will be an an active participant of MCC’s Akron Service Unit and will be one of the unit leaders. MCC pays for travel to and from assignment, and provides complete living expenses for service workers plus a small monthly stipend.
The Receptionist is part of Administrative Services, which is a support department of MCC, providing housing, reception, maintenance, record-keeping, dining hall, mailing services, and general office support at MCC's Akron office. Staff include both Service Workers and salaried workers. The Receptionist reports to the Director of Administrative Services.
|1. Answers and directs all incoming phone calls.
2. Welcomes all office visitors, fields their questions and connects them with appropriate staff.
3. Coordinates travel to and from transportation terminals for MCC staff and visitors by assigning drivers and scheduling vehicles. Complete Monthly Travel Reports, calculate weekly car charges for MCC Akron office and service workers, and collect, process, and tabulate earned mileage for service workers. Provide travel information weekly to Hosting Services Team. May rent vehicles for specific trips when MCC vehicle are not available.
4. Trains new drivers to do airport trips and manages airport trip expenses (for example, funds needed for parking).
5. Keeps track of vehicle keys and stock of vehicle usage slips for all vehicles.
6. Screens and forwards emails coming to MCC's general mailbox.
7. Takes a turn carrying the MCC on-call phone evenings and weekends.
8. Prepares and circulates a daily staff newsletter (AOS)
9. Prepares the monthly MCC calendar.
10. Keeps phone lists and other information needed by Receptionist up-to-date.
11. Does the accounting for the Akron Service Unit.
12. Assists with Mail Room responsibilities as needed,especially when the Mail Room Coordinator is absent.
13. Makes a monthly report of petty cash (meal tickets, airport trips, mileages, stamps)
14. Unlocks office doors in the morning and locks doors and turns off lights at 5:00 pm.
15. Creates and posts signs for MCC chapels and other events.
16. Updates the MSDS (safety) notebook, as requested.
17. Performs other clerical and hosting functions as requested by the Director of Administrative Services, and takes on a variety of independent projects as time allows.