|The Interim New Foundations Program Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of a sustainable livelihoods program that involves a matched savings component for participants, and provides financial literacy, employment readiness, life skills training and community kitchens. The position has the flexibility to be based in either our Abbotsford or Vancouver office; training sites are located throughout the lower mainland. The Coordinator works with volunteers to assist participants with ongoing learning and mentorship, and, wherever possible, partners with a Church for its delivery. This position requires living out your Christian faith by serving others and advancing the mission of MCC as one engages with the community, program participants, volunteers and staff. This is a one year position filling in for a maternity leave and is accountable to the MCC BC Program Director.
Only those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada should apply.
|The New Foundations Program has been designed as a sustainable livelihoods project, working with low income single parent families, who face multiple challenges. MCC currently runs programs in Surrey, Abbotsford and Vancouver, but looks to expand to other lower mainland cities. Wherever possible this program is delivered in partnership with local churches. The program provides participants with an opportunity to better manage their financial resources, save to achieve goals, develop employment skills that can put them on a pathway to employment, and, through all of this, develop life skills and a social network of support.
The New Foundations Program Coordinator will work in consultation with the Program Director but will be responsible for the management and delivery of the program. Responsibilities include recruiting, screening and selecting participants, arranging dates and training sites, setting up logistics for workshops and community kitchens such as food, tables, chairs, technology, facilitating workshops, teaching program material, arranging guest speakers, working with participants to design a training calendar, working with volunteers to mentor participants, managing program budget, and providing reporting as required.
New Foundations runs on an annual cycle. Cohorts start in September and finish in June. In consultation with participants, a training calendar with dates and topics is established. Participants attend 15 - two hour sessions over 9 months, and are invited to meet one-on-one with a volunteer or the Coordinator in between group gatherings to strengthen their understanding of training material. In addition to learning, participants are involved in an asset building component that involves the opportunity for matched savings. Individuals save each month and upon completion of the program are eligible for matched funds that can be used to achieve savings goals. There is on ongoing community kitchen component. Graduation takes place each year in June.
• Recruit, screen and enroll participants
• Update current training material to reflect the needs of participants
• Ensure that the delivery of the program remains participatory and uses adult learning principles
• Facilitate learning sessions with participants on various financial literacy, employment and life skills topics
• Implement community kitchens at each site
• Arrange and organize guest speakers where appropriate
• In consultation with participants, create a program calendar that includes meeting times and dates
• Evaluate and monitor program participant progress throughout the program
• Provide feedback to MCC BC on the progress of participants
• Work with participants to identify savings goals where matched savings can be applied
• Ensure that matched savings are distributed to participants at the conclusion of the program
• Establish and nurture relationships with churches who assist in both the hosting and the delivery of programs.
Administration and Reporting
• Collect data and keep appropriate records and data regarding participants
• Ensure that reporting is provided to both funders and MCC BC
• Participate in monthly staff and Program Coordinator meetings
• Engage with MCC Board of Directors where directed
• Work with MCC BC Volunteer Coordinator to ensure volunteers have been identified and screened
• Engage with volunteers during learning groups to ensure they understand their role
• Equip volunteers to meet with participants in off group time to review material and clarify understanding
• Work with MCC BC Volunteer Coordinator to appreciate and recognize volunteers for their contribution
• Is actively involved and able to network for volunteers in the church community
• Answer inquiries about MCC’s beliefs and values from volunteers, constituency who support MCC, as required.
In all aspects of the assignment, the New Foundations Program Coordinator will:
• Maintain a high level of integrity; reflecting Christian respect and Christ’s unconditional love to those we serve, including volunteers and our church partners.
• Model nonviolent peacemaking in the workplace and community and assist in resolving any conflicts within groups using a restorative justice model.
• Support MCC's values in efforts to promote equity in the workplace
• Attend and participate in regular staff meetings, which include a devotional and prayer time led by staff