All MCC workers are expected to exhibit a commitment to: a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active membership or participation in a Christian church; and nonviolent peacemaking. MCC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. MCC values diversity and invites all qualified candidates to apply.
Required for all MCC Representative Positions:
Minimum Education Level: BA/BSc or equivalent
Minimum Experience: International experience and MCC experience preferred
Invitations to serve with MCC are contingent on the successful outcome of criminal background check(s).
1. Relational Skills: Ability to form, foster and maintain positive, working relationships with MCC service workers, MCC staff, local churches and MCC partners, building trust by demonstrating integrity in actions and communications and modeling the values of the organization.
2. Supervisory Skills: Ability to manage/supervise personnel, which includes staff appointments and terminations, performance appraisals, interpreting and enforcing policies, conflict resolutions/problem solving and development of staff (in cooperation with the Human Resources Department).
3. Computer Literacy: Ability to use email programs, navigate the internet, locate resources, use Microsoft Excel and Word. Ability to navigate and use MCC specific databases for the purpose of planning, monitoring, evaluation, and recording.
4. Adaptability: Ability to adapt as needed to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations and with diverse individuals and groups.
5. Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options and support sound decision making.
6. Planning and Organizing: Ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adjust plans to reach goals, ensuring the optimal use of resources.
7. Initiative: Ability to be proactive and persistent in efforts, identifying opportunities and needs then taking action for resolution.
8. Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals, taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others.
9. Communication: Ability to listen, to model open communication and foster good will among others.
10. Self-awareness: Ability to understand one’s own emotional framework, maintain a non-defensive posture and manage personal reactivity when leadership is challenged.
11. Cross cultural/multi-cultural awareness: Ability to work with issues of equity in a cross-cultural setting.
12. Financial Management: Ability to successfully manage MCC resources within a country program.
13. Program, Monitoring and Evaluation: Ability to understand and implement Program, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Results based management.
14. Previous experience in making well-informed, effective and timely decisions, taking into consideration impact and implications within local and regional context.
15. Demonstrated ability to serve as MCC Representative without bias or conflict of interest, with ability to withstand intense pressure from local constituents.
For this specific assignment:
Minimum Education Level: BA (prefer at least one degree in a secular field.)
Minimum Experience: Previous International experience required with a preference for applicants with experience in conflict/post-conflict settings.
1. Creativity and Innovation: Ability to generate new approaches and viable solutions.
2. Organizational Awareness: An understanding of the structure and organizational culture of large non-profit organizations, such as MCC, and ability to work successfully within the structure to achieve results.
3. Development of Others: Ability to foster worker development by providing a supportive learning environment.
4. Partnering: Ability to seek and build alliances that further MCC objectives and benefit all people.
5. Conflict Resolution: Ability to bring conflict and dissent between others into the open to arrive at constructive solution while maintaining positive relationships with all parties.
6. Risk Taking: Ability to identify, assess and manage risk while striving to attain objectives.
7. Strategic Thinking: Ability to understand and process complex information and exercise sound judgment, considering the situation, the issues and the key players. Is able to propose course(s) of action that further the objectives, priorities and vision of the program and/or MCC.
8. Team Leadership: Assumes a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
9. Writing Skills: Can communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
10. Flexibility: Ability to work positively with and adapt to fluid conditions programmatically and socially.
11. Ability to work, supervise and thrive within an inter-religious context.